How to Publish your Own Web Page.
Instructions by Nada AbiSamra
American Community School
- Create htm or html files using any program (microsoft word, netscape composer, claris homepage, microsoft front page, etc.)
- Name your main file index.html
- Remember not to leave any space within a file name and to avoid capital letters. Example: This page could have been named publishwebpage.html (no space between the words, no CAPS)
- Put these files with all their graphics/pictures in a specific folder.
- Once you have created the files, you will have to find a server on the net in order to publish them.
- Go to http://www.tripod.com
- Click on: Sign up
- Scroll down and Click on: Continue
- Follow the Registration steps
- Make sure you uncheck the “Tripod & Terra Lycos Network Offers” as they are useless.
- Click on “I Agree” (Don’t forget to enter the confirmation code before that)
- Wait for a while till they finish processing the information.
- After you get the confirmation, click on “Build your homepage now”
- If you get a page titled “Attention Web-based e-mail account users” just scroll down and click on “To continue on to where you were going, click here.”
- You get to a page titled “get started here.” Click on “FILE MANAGER”
- Click on “Upload Via” and choose “single files (8)”
- Browse in your hard drive or floppy and choose the files you want to upload. Make sure that you also upload the graphics/pictures, otherwise they won’t appear on the web page.
- After you finish browsing, click on “Upload” at the bottom of the page.
- If you have more files to upload, click on "Back to upload" and browse again in order to upload the files.
- Congratulations, you have published your web page now.
- Your web page address will be (in case you want to check it out): http://(username).tripod.com
- In order for you to upload new files, you will have to go to http://www.tripod.com, log in (insert your username and password--make sure to UNCHECK "Save member name & password"), go to FILE MANAGER, then Click on “Upload Via” and choose “single files (8)” etc.
- PS: In case, after you have uploaded a file, you change something in it and you want to upload it again, don't forget to check "Allow Overwrite" on the Upload page.
This web page address is: https://nadabs.tripod.com/publish.html